IRFF 2017, Helsinki
The festival took place in Helsinki, Suvilahti and Teurastamo. Our collaborators were Oranssi and B-Side bar. Originally we were supposed to be randomly in Al Hofuf, Saudi Arabia, but due to the issue Saudi Arabia has with cinemas not being allowed, in addition to several problems with human rights, we had to give up and arrange the festival elsewhere, and in this case in the home town of the festival director Hannaleena.
Friday 5 May 2017
17:00 Opening ceremony + opening films (at Oranssi, Kaasutehtaankatu 1, HKI)
- Opening hymn
- Opening artistic speech
- Official opening film, from the Random competition: Una historia con Cristo y Jesus, by Oldren Romero, 30 min
- Official random film outside the competition: The Nose, by Jooim Kim, 9 min.
- Screening a random film selected by the audience, Luv’in the Black Country – a short documentary that travels down the Black Country canals speaking to five different people who pass along the way-
20:00 Random Short Film Competition 1, at B-Side bar (Teurastamo, Työpajankatu 2, HKI)
- The Gut, by ChanHee Choi, 8:08
- Little Wonders, by Triet Le, 2:23
- Portrait of the Inner Mind, by Tomi Kerminen 1:51
- Oscuro, by Federico Durán 11:58
- Fomo Sapiens, by Viktor Hertz, 7:24
- Wheel, by Hannah Espia Ruweda, 8:15
- Ursus Factory: Hääyö, by Enrico Butelli, 7:08
- Pain, by Nadya Fedotova, 5:46
- My Little Brother, by Anthony Bennett, 6:34
- Clos, by Milenkovic Stefan, 3:45
- Lifeline, by Michael Lourdes, 5:00
22:00 > B-Side bar random festive hangout
Saturday 6 May 2017
- 14:00 The Random Feature – FAITHFUL, dir. NONDO RICHARD JEBERECHIAH, UGANDA (82 min, 2016) Oranssi (Kaasutehtaankatu 1, HKI)
- 17:00 Surprise Random – Programme of surprise films – Oranssi (Kaasutehtaankatu 1, HKI)
- 21:00 Random Short Film Competition 2 at B-Side Bar (Teurastamo, Työpajankatu 2, HKI) + Award ceremony at B-Side Bar – please note that the screening is at 21! (not 20)
- 23:00 > Random Festival Party at B-Side
Sunday 7 May 2017
- 11:00 The Best of Random at Oranssi (Kaasutehtaankatu 1, HKI)
Please note that our festival space Oranssi is alcohol free zone. At B-Side bar you can have your alcoholic drinks.
Here you can find out the list of all the films that were competing for random awards.